Assistant General Manager
Full Job Description
Olympia Provisions Public House is looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager to join our team.
Olympia Provisions Public House on SE 34th and Division has a bustling outdoor patio with a chef-driven menu inspired by the Alpine history of our brand. We are looking for a full-time Assistant General Manager to oversee all aspects of front-of-house operations and facilities at Olympia Provisions Public House, setting the tone and culture for a world-class dining experience. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Assistant General Manager ensures that each and every customer experience is special with a welcoming highly trained staff, well-curated bar program, and clean and orderly dining areas. We are currently growing from the casual beer bar identity people have come to love to a full-service restaurant. Our ideal candidate will be eager to solidify our identity as a full-service restaurant by coaching and leading the team in their service skills and knowledge. The Assistant GM will also lead the team in building staff wine and spirits knowledge with the goal to grow our Alpine-inspired natural wine and beverage programs. We are seeking a manager who is a dedicated professional, an exceptionally friendly and gracious personality, and an inspiring team leader. This is a position for those who love hospitality and thrive on giving guests memorable dining experiences. This is not an administrative role through administrative duties are expected. Must be detail-oriented and good with numbers. Please check out our website, read through the job description in this post, and if this position is a fit for you please submit your resume online along with a cover letter detailing why you would be a good manager at Olympia Provisions and what you can bring to the team, along with what your favorite wine and cocktail is.
This position requires flexibility including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Friday and Saturday night shifts are required.
General Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Running 5-6 services per week as floor manager/host, taking tables when necessary
- Hiring, training, and reviewing all front of house staff
- Overseeing and maintaining labor and cost of goods budgets
- Preparing and submitting payroll and deposits
- Working with the kitchen management team to mentor, train, and oversee staff
- Educating staff and customers on Olympia Provisions products and history
- Attending weekly and quarterly planning sessions
- Curating our cocktail, liquor, beer, and non-alcoholic beverage selections
- Working with the Wine Director to curate a growing wine list, provide staff training, and act as the wine ambassador for employees and customers
- Executing monthly all-staff meetings
- Overseeing the execution of events as they are able to return
- 5 to 7 years experience working front of the house in an upscale restaurant environment
- 2 to 3 years experience working in a casual fine dining restaurant environment working all front of roles including hosting, serving, bartending, and service managing
- Minimum of two years in Front of House restaurant management with experience managing people and leading teams
- Advanced culinary experience, a trained eye, and palate. Moderate to advanced wine knowledge and bar knowledge with interest in learning more.
- Benefit plan available to full-time team members working thirty (30) hours weekly
- Shift meal and beverage
- Product discounts
- Dining discounts at all the sister establishments
We've established many protocols to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy while here and have outdoor seating only for the time being. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of social distancing, extra sanitation steps, and wearing face masks.
The majority of the work performed in this position will be done standing and walking on the uneven concrete floor, routinely using steps to access different sections, in a standing position for the duration of the assigned shift times. This position will also be working on our outside patio during business hours and partially exposed to weather conditions.
The employee is will stand during working hours as well as, climb or balance, stoop, reach, pull, twist, grab, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
To apply, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.