Accounting, Payroll and Benefits Specialist
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition.
The Accounting and Payroll specialist will be responsible for administering payroll through ADP Workforce Now, oversee accounts receivable, credit card and other reconciliations, assist with accounts payable and cash handling.
- Manage accounts receivable collections, and related invoice and transaction entry.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts as directed, verifying deposits, and payroll transactions.
- Completes payment and entry of invoices associated with accounts payable including weekly check runs.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll and benefits operations by keeping information confidential.
- Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for 150-180 employees including but not limited to: processing retro benefit deductions, garnishment payments, child support and other payroll related court orders, payroll deductions, calculating pay sheets, confirming payroll cycle, creating direct deposit file, processing manual checks including final checks and replacement checks, processing all bonuses, incentives, and all other special payments as needed.
- Conduct audits on time records and other payroll changes to ensure accuracy of payroll including a full payroll reconciliation after each payroll run.
- Maintains payroll database, including vacation tables and codes as needed in ADP Workforce Now.
- Support the employment maintenance in the system, including compensation updates and employee personal action changes, new hires, terminations and other employee related changes/transactions, including but not limited to: compensation adjustments, position and demographic changes
- Handle payroll taxes and taxability of wages, ensuring proper tax filing for federal, state, and local jurisdictions. This includes ensuring all tax rates are updated.
- Comply with all procedures to ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Responsible for resolving absence time management system issues and concerns
- Assist with processing benefits in both our HRIS and Career Sites, including Terminations, New Enrollments, Open Enrollments, Life Events, and Wellness initiatives.
- Reconciles general ledger on a per payroll basis and benefit premiums on a monthly basis by performing audits of carrier systems with ADP Workforce Now.
- Benefit premium and payroll general ledger reconciliations
- Prepares payroll and benefits reports.
- Coordinate annual Workers Compensation audits
- Perform periodic audits on employee salaries, deductions, and taxes
- Prepare quarterly payroll reconciliation.
- Assist with audit preparation
- Research, analyze, and resolve payroll and benefits discrepancies.
- Supports quarterly and year-end tasks including preparing and reconciliation of W2s and 1095Cs.
- Assist with tasks relating to the retirement plans.
- Prepare all termination packets, including maintaining and tracking COBRA.
- At least five years of accounting experience
- A minimum of three years of payroll and benefits experience
- Excellent knowledge of ADP
- Excellent organizational skills with strong analytical skills
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Practices ownership thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Experience with Quickbooks desktop
- Expert in Excel
- Ability to follow instructions exactly without altering processes
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- $45k-$55k Depending on Years of Experience
To apply, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.