- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Financial planning: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Cost accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Full Job Description
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie with deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition and innovation. We have a current opening in our Finance department at our Southeast meat processing facility.
Partners with the Chief Executive Officer and Controller to develop the organization’s strategic financial objectives by monitoring and evaluating financial plans and results. Enforces controls to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the Company’s consolidated financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, create, and implement solutions and procedures that ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial information.
- Be a resource and collaborator in the Executive Team and be a key contributor in achieving quarterly and yearly goals.
- Develop internal controls to protect the company and cash flow management.
- Responsible for internal accounting systems.
- Supervise accounting activities associated with the general ledger, receiving, invoicing, inventory control accounts receivable, and accounts payables.
- Interact and problem-solve daily activities between sales, operations, and accounting.
- Help maintain compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of tax filings and other required compliance reports.
- Take an active role in leading quarterly reviews and year-end audits and coordinate with external auditing firms and assists with preparation and review of audit schedules.
- Analyze and present various financial metrics to enable and drive decision-making to internal stakeholders.
- Initiate the financial planning process by providing historical information, expenditure schedules, trends, and variance analysis initiate corrective actions.
- In conjunction with the procurement department, manages periodic inventories of all products physically located on-site.
- Support multiple departments in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Manage various projects and systems implementations within the Accounting Department.
- Develop and lead the financial training curriculum for the Executive and Management team
- Research and document relevant accounting issues and present conclusions.
- Prepares ad hoc financial analyses/models and analytical support as required.
- Willing to attempt new assignments or fill in for others as needed and accomplishes other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Advanced Excel proficiency - Skills assessment will be requested.
- Advanced Quickbooks experience required.
- Experience implementing and maintaining ERP systems.
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook).
- Project Management experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-7 years experience in an Accounting or Finance role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting related field required.
- CPA Certification highly preferred.
- Experience in food manufacturing cost accounting high desirable.
- Experience with analyzing and planning production workflow.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
The functions of this position will be conducted both in an office environment with COVID-19 guidelines. This position requires sitting for extended periods of time utilizing a computer and other technology tools.
The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with the help of lifting equipment. This position may also require being exposed to a production environment often in a cold, refrigerated environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.