Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie with deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition. We have current openings in our Production department at our Southeast processing facility.
As a Spice Formulator, you are responsible for curating our award-winning recipes to perfection. You will weight, batch, and coordinate production with the production team. You will maintain records of our recipes, batches, and new projects. This position will also be a key player in our pickling product line prepping and preparing recipes Your job duties will include:
The required schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, with the opportunity for overtime and/or weekend work.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and reformulate products according to Olympia Provisions quality standards.
- Create and maintain technical documents related to new formulations
- Maintain Olympia Provisions quality standards and safety protocols
- Vegetable prep for pickle production
- Scale batch ingredients to include whole spices, fresh herbs, starter cultures, and vegetables
- Work within FDA and USDA regulations and maintain compliance in all applicable processes.
- Maintain, and update daily logs to help track ingredient and recipe inventories.
- Responsible for understanding and following, GMP, SOP, and SSOP
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- 1-3 years of food production, kitchen, and/or scale batching experience.
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge of food safety standards and protocol in a food manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel programs
- Experience operating powered lifting equipment
- Benefit plan available to full-time team members working more than thirty (30) hours per week
- Retirement Plan
- Shift meal and beverage
- Discounts on our products
- Dining discounts at all of our sister establishments
We've established many protocols to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of social distancing, extra sanitation steps, and wearing face masks.
The majority of this work is performed inside a refrigerated production area at approximately 40 degrees Fahrenheit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The floors can be slippery. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds with the help of lifting equipment, often in a cold, refrigerated environment. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.