Rate: $14-$15 per hour + tips
Olympia Provisions Public House is looking for a server/host who will also work as a shift lead.
Olympia Provisions opened in 2009 to become one of our Portland's best destination restaurants & charcuterie brands. We are nationally renowned not just for the quality of our meats, but also our exceptional food and award winning beverage programs. Our Alpine inspired Olympia Provisions Public House Eatery is searching for an experienced professional to join our team as a shift lead server and host. We believe in quality first, and focus our food and beverage programs around the same traditional European recipes that inspires our charcuterie. Our ideal candidates thrive on providing memorable dining experiences through warm engaging and knowledgeable service.
Expected schedule (may be subject to change):
Tuesday - PM Host
Wednesday - PM Shift lead/Server
Thursday - PM Shift lead/Server
Friday - Lunch Server
General Responsibilities and Required Experience:
- 3+ years of experience serving in a fast paced service-focused atmosphere for servers and bartenders
- 1 year experience working as a lead server
- 1 year experience working as a host
- General knowledge of wine including grape varieties and west coast and European regions highly preferred
- Willingness to learn a vast charcuterie menu and menu trends, along with a solid base knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits.
- Able to direct the FOH team to ensure smooth flow of service and work with kitchen to ensure guest satisfaction
- Preparing shift notes and breaking down cash drawers/tip distribution
- Responsible for Front of House duties such as hosting, bussing, running food, and simple bartending
- Enjoy working with a team focused quality performance in a collaborative and diverse work environment
- Efficient and able to multitask by prioritizing side projects.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service and represent the organization with enthusiasm by knowing our story and products.
- Shift meals and beverages
- Paid time off, sick leave, parental leave
- Wholesale pricing on meat and wine
- Dining discounts at all all Olympia Provisions locations and associated bars and restaurants
We've established many protocols to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of extra sanitation steps and vaccinations for personal safety. We are looking for people eager to return to normal life while also respectful of prioritizing employee safety. We currently provide only outdoor seating for our customers but expect to allow indoor dining in the future.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter stating why are you are fit for Olympia Provisions and what makes exceptional customer service in a restaurant. We look forward to hearing from you!
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.