Olympia Provisions Southeast restaurant is looking for an experienced and personable server to join our team of front of house professionals.
Hourly: $14 plus tips
Olympia Provisions opened in 2009 to become one of our Portland's best destination restaurants & charcuterie brands. We are nationally renowned not just for the quality of our meats, but also our exceptional food and award winning wine program. We are a group of hard working professionals that runs a small crew to provide exceptional service to our customers. We believe in quality first, and focus our food and beverage programs around the same traditional European recipes that inspires our charcuterie. We focus on classic seasonal ingredients, natural wines from both Europe and the West Coast, and cocktails that emphasize simplicity and elegance. This position is for a seasoned professional only with ample experience working with esoteric wines and seasonal ingredients.
This position requires Friday & Saturday night availability, an open schedule is preferred. Most shifts will be dinner service.
General Responsibilities and Required Experience:
- 4+ years of experience serving in a busy fine dining atmosphere is a must
- Bartending experience required
- General knowledge of wine including grape varieties and west coast and European regions is required. Knowledge of natural wine preferred. Interest in growing wine knowledge a must.
- Ability to learn a vast charcuterie menu and brand story, local seasonality, and gain a solid base knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits.
- Willingness to take on all shared responsibilities in front of house duties such as hosting, bussing, running food, and bartending
- Enjoy working with a team focused on exceptional customer service and team work
- Efficient and able to multitask by prioritizing side projects.
- Discounted Trimet Pass
- Dining discounts at all of our sister establishments
- Shift meal & beverage
- Product discounts
We've established many protocols to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of social distancing, extra sanitation steps, vaccination, and wearing face masks. We are looking for people eager to return to normal life while also respectful of prioritizing employee safety. We provide indoor and outdoor seating for our customers.
To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.