We are looking for both part-time and full-time servers to join our team at OPNW! Weekend brunch availability is a must and the flexibility to pick up shifts is a huge plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provide an exceptional experience for each and every guest; continually strive to exceed guests’ expectations
- Sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner
- Maintain an expert and up to date knowledge of all menu items, flavors, and potential allergens
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages; refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age
- Maintain all aspects of your section; serve tables, pour beverages, and keep everything bussed and clean
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant
- Communicate clearly with co-workers about service, timing, turnover and general flow
- Use software to keep an accurate tab of food and beverage sales for each and every table
- Compute and communicate dining bills in a timely and professional manner
- Clear and reset tables and restaurant to be clean and elegant
- Alert the MOD to any problems or conflicts
- Report to work neat and clean; well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential
- Customer focus
- Advanced knowledge of food and wine
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Ample mathematical acumen
- Ethical Conduct
This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours
Required Education / Experience
- 3-5 years experience serving in a fast-paced restaurant atmosphere.
- Solid base knowledge of wine, spirits, and beer
- Demonstrated work history in fine dining
- Multnomah County Food Handler Card
- OLCC Alcohol Server Permit
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bartending skills
- An active interest in expanding wine, cocktail, and beer knowledge
If this gig sounds like the perfect fit, please send your resume and cover letter our General Manager, Gary, at Olympia Provisions NW (1632 NW Thurman St.): firstname.lastname@example.org