Sanitation Lead (PM)
Starting at $16.00 to $18.00
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition.
We have current openings in our Sanitation department at our Southeast meat processing facility.
Being part of the Sanitation Department, you will join a team that prides itself on the responsibility of ensuring that our sanitation standards are met on a daily basis across all equipment, process, and work areas. You will be part of a team that takes pride and ownership in ensuring equipment and facilities are effectively sanitized in accordance with established food manufacturing regulations and in compliance with USDA. You will perform cleaning and sanitation duties for multiple departments under time-sensitive conditions.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly assist the Sanitation Supervisor in leading a team of 6-10 people.
- Calibrate chemical mixing stations regularly to ensure safety and compliance.
- Operate powered lifting equipment.
- Post-operation documentation.
- Perform Sanitation Tech I & Tech II tasks proficiently.
- Lead training plan for the Sanitation team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- 1-3 years of industrial cleaning, dishwashing, or janitorial work preferred.
- Experience in a leadership role where collaboration is encouraged.
- Knowledge of food safety standards and protocol in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with chemical mixing stations.
- Experience operating powered lifting equipment.
- Reading and writing skills.
- Benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Discounted Trimet Pass
- Retirement Plan
- Dining discounts at all of our sister establishments
- Shift meal & beverage
- Product discounts
We've established many protocols to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of social distancing, extra sanitation steps, and wearing face masks.
The majority of this work is performed in a standing position inside a walk-in refrigerator at approximately 40 degrees Fahrenheit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to meat airborne particles. The floors can be slippery. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Knife skills or the willingness to learn knife skills is a requirement. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds with the help of lifting equipment or team lift, often in a cold, refrigerated environment.
TO APPLY SEND AN EMAIL TO CAREERS@OLYMPIAPROVISIONS.COM
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.