Packaging Specialist I
Full Job Description
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie with deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition.
We have current openings in our Packaging department at our Southeast meat processing facility.
As a Packaging Specialist, you will join a team to ensure our products are sorted and packaged according to production and quality standards. You will be part of a team that takes pride and ownership in ensuring our products arrive according to USDA standards and branding.
The schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure packages are properly filled, sealed, closed, labeled, and transferred to packaging boxes, retail packaging, and/or salami wrapping.
- Assist storing and counting of the packaged product
- Assemble boxes and packaging that will be filled with finished products.
- Record any and all deviations in procedure and/or appearances on the batch sheets.
- Package and/or wrap required products according to the production schedule.
- Maintain accurate daily production and inventory records.
- Perform job duties in compliance with safety programs for all plant equipment and personnel.
- Proactively work to assist the team in achieving the department and organizational objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area in compliance with the safety and sanitation requirements
- Use of cleaning chemicals and safe handling practices
- Basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to carry out process-oriented work in a timely manner
- Experience working in a diverse and collaborative team
- Previous experience with packaging machinery a plus
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Discounted Trimet Pass
- Retirement Plan
- Dining discounts at all of our sister establishments
- Shift meal & beverage
- Product discounts
We've established many protocols to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of social distancing, extra sanitation steps, and wearing face masks.
The majority of this work is performed inside a walk-in refrigerator at approximately 40 degrees Fahrenheit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The floors can be slippery. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The employee will be standing for the duration of the working shift. Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, twist, repetitive hand motions, reach, bend, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with the help of lifting equipment, often in a cold, refrigerated environment.
To apply, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.