Starting at $17-$19 Hourly DOE
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie with deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition.We have current openings in our Packaging department at our Southeast meat processing facility.
As a Packaging Specialist, you will join a team to ensure our products are sorted and packaged according to production and quality standards. You will be part of a team that takes pride and ownership in ensuring our products arrive according to USDA standards and branding.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the availability of all essential packaging materials for each job, ensure machinery is safely set up and inspected, and all tools for production are available to team members.
- Department subject matter expert of all Olympia Provisions SOPs and safety policies.
- Promote safe working practices and be a knowledgeable resource for all team members in the department.
- Provide action plans for action items for the day’s deliverables and be present in the department to assist in all functions of production.
- Supervise the flow of production through the packaging process, assigning tasks, communicating expectations, and promoting a supportive goal-oriented work environment.
- Collaborate with the Quality and Control department and assist with routine visual and manual inspection of materials and finished product to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met.
- Correct and coach through any situations and/or conditions that are not conducive to a safe, clean workplace. Report all safety problems immediately.
- Assist in training department team members and encourage safe practices.
- Participate in the ongoing practice of a Conscious Leadership approach and encourage professional development based on our Core Values and Mission.
Schedule: The schedule for this position will be Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm with the requirement of a schedule allowing for flexibility and production needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in food manufacturing with lead or supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate with transparency and provide feedback to employees and management on areas of success and improvement.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations in relation to position, i.e - USDA, OSHA, NIOSH, as well as lean manufacturing and continuous improvement practices preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word, as well as experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Discounted Trimet Pass
- Retirement Plan
- Shift meal & beverage
- Product discounts
- Dining discounts at all of our sister establishments
The majority of this work is performed in a cold, wet, hot, humid, and/or misty refrigerated manufacturing environment at 40 Fahrenheit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee can be exposed to meat airborne particles. The concrete floors can be slippery and greasy and uneven or slanted.
The employee must be able to reach, bend, twist, pull, push, sit climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and/or able safely use different ranges of physical activity throughout the day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to seventy-five (75) pounds with the help of lifting equipment or team lift.
We've established many protocols to keep our team members, visitors, and customers safe and healthy. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of social distancing, extra sanitation steps, and wearing face masks.
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.