Olympia Provisions is seeking a Line Cook to join our at team!
This is a part-time opportunity where weekend & evening availability is required. Other hours may be available to supplement the initial schedule based on qualifications. We highly encourage our cooks to cross-train at our other locations! We are looking for an awesome team member to start immediately.
When Olympia Provisions was founded 10 years ago, Elias Cairo set out to do one thing: make the highest quality product based on old-world traditions, recipes, and techniques. Olympia Provisions is redefining American Charcuterie. We live by our values - Obsession with quality, Relentless pursuit of mastery, and Commitment to enriching the lives of each other, our community and environment, and Creative Resourcefulness. Our Public House Kitchen has inspired the pub fare of Switzerland and feels like a neighborhood pub that you would walk into in an Alpine town. Ready to Join our collaborative and creative kitchen, apply today!
- Prepare and cook food; Alpine-focused high-end pub fare
- Assist Kitchen Manager and serve as back-up when needed
- Diligence with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards
- Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Exhibits professionalism in fast-paced, complex situations.
- Reliable, timely, clean, and alert. Holds a current Food Handlers card demonstrating a basic knowledge of food-safety practices.
- Ability to stand, lift up to 35lbs, and move packages consistently for 2.5 hours at a time between breaks in a refrigerated environment.
- Advanced culinary skills and a well-trained palate.
- Available to work a flexible shift throughout the year, often including nights and weekends.
- Provide two references that can confirm your work history.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience on the line and/or BOH support
- Proficient knife skills and knowledge of BOH best practices
- Ability to align to organizational culture and goals of providing stellar customer experiences
- A natural leader
- Benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Discounted Trimet Pass
- Retirement Plan
- Dining discounts at all of our sister establishments
- Shift meal & beverage
- Product discounts
The majority of this work is performed in a kitchen environment surrounded by hot surfaces, greasy slippery floors, and other environment-related exposures. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The employee is continuously required to stand, sit, climb, reach, bend, balance, twist, pull, push, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with the help of lifting equipment, often in a cold, refrigerated environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.