Holiday Receptionist at Olympia Provisions
We are looking for a Holiday Receptionist here at the Meat Dept! Duties primarily include office reception and providing customer support via phone and email. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, energetic, empathetic person with a vested interest in coordinating multiple inputs, finding solutions, and providing stellar customer service.
- Reception: greet and welcome visitors; sort and forward incoming mail; delegate shipping/receiving for wholesale pickups and deliveries
- Provide the first line of customer service to all customers via phone or email; field all incoming customer inquiries and complaints
- Assist in processing web store and drop-ship orders
- Maintain an organized and clean office; assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Calmness Under Pressure
- Time Management
- Decision Making
This job operates in a casual office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a temporary, flexible position for November and December 2019. Hours of work and days are expected to be 7 am to 4 pm Monday through Thursday but are subject to change.
Required Education and Experience
- 0-3 years experience in reception, customer support, marketing, or related
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, FedEx and UPS
- A skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing; able to manage multiple email queues, phone, and face-to-face communication simultaneously and professionally throughout the day
- An upbeat, warm, outgoing, friendly, accommodating, and sincere demeanor
Preferred Education and Experience
- Basic experience processing orders and invoicing
- Experience in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to communicate with organizational and individual customers, prioritize tasks, and work with parties from various departments
- Experience with webstore platforms such as Shopify or Shipstation
$15 per hour