General Manager at Olympia Provisions SE
Salary + tips
Director of Operations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The general manager directs and coordinates all aspects of front of house and bar operations and facilities at Olympia Provisions Southeast, setting the tone and culture for a world class dining experience. This person is responsible for training staff, managing customer experiences, curating the bar program, and maintaining an orderly dining room.
- Provide an exceptional dining experience for every customer at an iconic Portland institution
- Hire, train, supervise, and terminate staff to provide unparalleled dining service
- Direct the bar program: purchasing, recipes, staff training
- Coordinate communication between FOH and BOH staff to enhance to service standards, financial efficiency, staff communication, performance management, and flow
- Administer company policies
- Manage performance of all FOH employees
- Ensure the restaurant aesthetic is beautiful and welcoming, facilities are clean & sanitized, and the space is consistently compliant with regulations
- Coordinates on site events, private parties, and catering
- Administer financial controls
- Direct and coordinate front of house activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives
- Review operational costs and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Confer with the Director of Operations and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Team Management
- Strategic Thinking
This role manages and directs front of house staff. The role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Open kitchen restaurant work environment. For the most part the employee will be exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional restaurant equipment as found in a typical restaurant environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position requires walking primarily on a level surface throughout the day. The position requires balancing glassware and plates to serve and bus meals. The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist or lift as required to serve and bus tables throughout the workday.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are TBD
Occasional local travel may be expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management, Hospitality, or related; or years of related experience
- A Multnomah Co. Food Handlers card
- An OLCC card
- A demonstrated ability to calmly supervise all aspects of a fine dining restaurant
- Quantifiable financial success in leadership roles overseeing teams in a restaurant
- Skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in a dynamic, flexible work environment where organization and multitasking are a key factor in success
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5-7 years experience in a casual, fine-dining environment
- Advanced culinary experience, a trained eye and palate.
- Moderate to advanced wine knowledge and bar knowledge
- Available to work a flexible shift with long hours throughout the year, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Are you the perfect fit for GM? If so, please send a detailed email explaining why and also your resume to Jess, Director of Operations: email@example.com