Starting at $15 an hour
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie with deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition. We have current openings in our Sanitation department at our Southeast meat processing facility.
This position requires weekend and full season availability and accountability. Willing to commit to a market for the length of the season, typically May - September with a 6 am to 3 pm schedule. On-call availability preferred.
- Educate Portland about the best charcuterie and pickles in the world!
- Build and develop relationships with regular Market-goers
- Maintain familiarity with products including quality standards, product attributes, food and beverage pairings, and complimentary product pairings
- Transport all required gear, supplies, and product in a vehicle to and from the market
- Setup and takedown down booth; maintain a complete market kit with all needed supplies and gear.
- Maintain an accurate till for cash transactions, and process credit card transactions via Square
- Reconcile inventory and sales at the end of the market
- Track sales and product counts over the course of a market or event
- Attend a monthly staff meeting to maintain product knowledge, best practices, and procedures
- Report to the Internal Sales Manager to solve problems and improve service
- Current valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and personal transportation which can safely accommodate daily commutes between headquarters and farmers market locations with all the required gear and product. Mileage reimbursement rates are Federal standards. Strong interpersonal skills; a commitment to exceptional and professional customer service
- A general familiarity with the OP brand; an understanding of the specialty and high-end grocery
- A desire to educate others about charcuterie and good meat; demonstrated passion and enthusiasm
- Self-sufficiency and reliability
- Exceptionally high standards of cleanliness and organization
- A current Multnomah County Food Handler's Card (or willingness to get one upon hire)
- Ability to multi-task with ease
- Aptitude with sales software including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Benefit plan available to full-time team members working thirty (30) hours weekly
- Shift meal and beverage
- Product discounts
- Dining discounts at all the sister establishments
Work is performed outside under a tent in current weather conditions.
This active position requires standing for up to eight (8) hours continuously. This position also requires walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, twisting, crawling, reaching, and climbing throughout the day. Able to frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
We've established many protocols to keep our staff and customers safe and healthy. We are looking for people who understand and appreciate the importance of social distancing, extra sanitation steps, and wearing face masks.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: CAREERS@OLYMPIAPROVISIONS.COM