Olympia Provisions is expanding this summer and we are looking to hire good people to trim and cut pork and also to stuff and hang sausages. We are looking for someone reliable and organized who can take ownership of his/her cutting or hanging station and can work independently. The majority of the work is done in refrigeration. There is definite opportunity for future advancement for the right person! We offer great benefits including free lunch everyday, competitive benefits (health insurance, paid vacation, employee assistance program, 401(k)), free shares of product, and dining discounts at sister establishments. No nights and no weekend work.
- Process all of OP’s raw meat: this includes trimming and breaking down pork shoulders, butts, and bellies; as well as stuffing and hanging sausages and salami
- Maintain an organized and sanitary workspace
- Label batches accurately, as needed
- Assist in cleanup and finished fabrication operations if needed to meet deadlines
- Someone who is reliable, timely, clean, and alert
- Ability to uphold high levels of quality, sanitation, and safety
- A self-motivator; someone who strives to improve flow and quality in hand-work and material handling tasks
- Someone who progressively gets faster in hand-work and more efficient between jobs
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment when English and Spanish are spoken regularly
The majority of this work is performed inside a walk-in refrigerator at approximately 40 degrees Fahrenheit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee can exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The floors can be slippery. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Knife skills, or the willingness to learn knife skills is a requirement. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, often in a cold, refrigerated environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This schedule is subject to change.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma and equivalent training and experience
- Familiarity with cutting equipment, tools, and materials (or willingness to be trained)
- Experience in work environment where speed and accuracy are key factors to success
Preferred Education and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in physically demanding jobs, hand work, and/or on a factory floor
- Familiarity with USDA, HAACP, and DOH guidelines and regulations