We’re looking for an awesome cook who is reliable, organized, and professional: someone who can cook who can take ownership of the station and can work independently. Successful candidates will work clean, be self-starters, have attention to detail, and be teachable. Hourly wage depends on experience but is on par with industry standards. Night and weekend availability is a must. We offer great benefits including free lunch everyday, competitive benefits (health insurance, paid vacation, employee assistance program, 401(k)), free shares of product, and dining discounts at sister establishments. Please see menus on our website to make sure you are interested in our food before applying.
The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Prepares food to be served using established production procedures and systems
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation
- Completes food temperature checks before service
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Schedule is TBD
Required Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent
Prior experience in a related food service position
Preferred Education and Experience
Demonstrated success in the back of house