$75,000 to 80,000 + Bonus
As Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria, Olympia Provisions was established in 2009 with the vision of the relentless pursuit of mastery in the craft of charcuterie deeply rooted in rich traditions from the old world. From production to customer service, we are a passionate group of individuals obsessed with quality. We are currently seeking team members who are passionate about food, enjoy a solution-oriented approach, make safety a daily priority, and enjoy being part of a dynamic team that embraces tradition.
The Controller partners with the Chief Executive Officer to develop the organization’s strategic financial objectives by monitoring and evaluating financial plans and results. Enforces controls to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the Company’s consolidated financial statements.
- Oversees Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Identify, create and implement solutions and procedures that ensure deliver accurate and timely financial information
- Be a resource and collaborator for the company to support Executive Team to help them achieve their goals
- Have controls in place to protect the company and cash flow management
- Responsible that our accounting system are in working order and access is controlled
- Supervises and participates in booking all accounting activities associated with the general ledger, receiving, invoicing, inventory control, payroll, benefits, accounts receivable and accounts payables.
- Interact and problems solve daily activities between sales, operations and accounting.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Coordinates the preparation of tax filings and other required compliance reports.
- Takes an active leading role leading the quarterly reviews and year-end audit. Coordinates with the outside audit firm and assists with preparation and review of audit schedules.
- Analyses and presents to internal stakeholders various financial metrics to enable and drive decision-making.
- Initiates the fiscal planning process by providing historical information, expenditure schedules, trends and variance analysis, initiates corrective actions
- In conjunction with the procurement department, manages periodic inventories of all products physically located on site.
- Protects assets by establishing and monitoring internal controls.
- Supports multiple departments in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Manages various projects and systems implementations within the Accounting Department.
- Develops and leads the financial training curriculum for the Executive and management team
- Researches and documents relevant accounting issues and present conclusions.
- Prepares ad hoc financial analyses/models and analytical support as required.
- Regularly communicates clear expectations to reporting staff, monitors job results compared to expectations, documents constructive coaching throughout the year and during the annual review process
- Documents processes and procedures, eliminates non-value added activities, and participates in cross functional CI teams
- Willing to attempt new assignments or fill in for others as needed; accomplishes other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting related field required
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CMA or CPA) preferred
- Experience with analyzing and planning workflow
- Experience in food manufacturing cost accounting highly desirable
- Master of Excel (Test will be conducted of skills)
- Advanced Quickbooks Experience Required
- Experience implementing and maintaining ERP systems
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Project Management Experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- $75,000 to 80,000 + Bonus
To apply, please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Olympia Provisions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, and company-sponsored programs. Olympia Provisions maintains formal employment policies, available online and by request.