DO YOU OFFER FREE SHIPPING?
Please note that while we charge additional shipping fresh product like sweetheart ham, capicola, frankfurters, terrines, and fresh sausages, we do our very best to keep these expenses as low as possible.
WHEN WILL I GET MY ORDER?
- Orders received by 12 am PST are printed and delivered to the packaging crew that morning at 8:00 am PST, and the shipments leave that afternoon. We due our best to limit the amount of time our product is in transit, especially in the warmer months. Also, if weather is going to be an issue we hold items back- this is typically in the summer months.
- For standard non-refrigerated shipping items, we use USPS or FedEx Ground and have it arrive within 3 days (FedEx doesn't deliver to homes on Saturday, so those orders arrive Monday on Tuesday if it hits over a weekend). FedEx does not deliver on Saturday, so please keep that in mind. *Please note that First Class Mail is not a guaranteed service, so we don’t know exactly when it will arrive.
- Refrigerated shipments must arrive within 48-hours of leaving our shop, so we send these items by FedEx no later than Wednesday afternoon. All orders received after Wednesday at 12 am PST will be shipped the following Monday. Orders from Sunday- Tuesday will be shipped in the week the order is completed online. This is due to FedEx not delivering to homes on Saturday.
WHY DOES IT COST SO MUCH TO SHIP MY ORDER?
In order to receive meat that is still fresh when it gets to you, it must be sent in an insulated container with a lot of ice...Florida, Arizona… I’m looking at you. By the time we’re done, a 2.5lb ham is now an 8lb meat sanctuary. While it's necessary to add additional weight to our fresh products, we get a great discount on shipping rates that we pass on to you.
TO SAVE MONEY ON SHIPPING, TRY ONE OF THESE SNEAKY TACTICS:
- You may be able to get our product locally. Take a look at the retailers in your area. You may find one near you.
- Split your order. Let’s say you’re buying a European Sampler in a red gift box, and a pound of our delicious kielbasa. The sampler, being $50, will ship for free, but because of the kielbasa, you have to ship the whole shebang in the insulated, iced, 2 day package. It may very well be worth ordering twice to keep from paying a ton of shipping for something that doesn’t need it. We save your information, so this wouldn't take long!
- You can also wow your neighborhood by recommending to your local grocer or cheese shop that you’d like to be able to buy our products there. Pass on our contact info, or include their contact information in your order notes and we’ll reach out to them directly!
- We've recently started shipping to Canada and are learning some important things about it. To keep your package moving along, please Provide the Contact Information of the Recipient. This enables the collection of VAT tax on the imported goods. We're working on how to pre-pay those taxes, and will keep you posted.
- Also, if you're shipping the Salami of the Month Club to a Canadian address, we'll set it up as four shipments of three salami each quarter. This helps keep the transit fees down and the salami fresh.
- Right now, we don't offer service to any other countries. Keep us on your radar though, we'll get there!